[heading style=”elegant”] Playwriting Competition [/heading]
[heading style=””] The Brief [/heading]
We are seeking one outstanding 30 minute play to be put on in Oxford in July 2013. The play must be no more than 30 minutes long and require no more than three actors. Any topic for the play.
The play must be submitted by paying the £10 admission fee at this link. Once you have paid, you will receive an email from us confirming payment has been received. Simply reply to this email with your play as an attachment.
CLOSING DATE: 7th July 2013
[add_to_cart id=”2616″ sku=””]
[heading style=””] The Prize [/heading]
The winning play will be performed in Oxford and filmed. You will be sent a copy of the DVD.
First Prize also includes a free professional website designed to your requirements
We are an unusual theatre company – have a look round our site: www.almostrandomtheatre.co.uk
[heading style=””] Competition Rules & Regulations [/heading]
1. Applications for the ART writing contest are open as from 27th June 2013.
2. The closing date for entries is 7th July 2013.
3. All entries must be by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Entries must be in a Word document
5. There is a reading fee of £10. The entire fee goes to the jurors, not to ART. This is to be paid by clicking the Enter button above
6. If the reading fee is not paid, the applicant will be immediately removed from the competition, no exceptions.
7. The contest is open to everyone, except those listed on the About Us page: http://www.almostrandomtheatre.co.uk/about-us/
8. One entry per playwright is permitted.
9. Plays are to be written by a single playwright, excluding partnerships or committees.
10. Plays entered must be submitted in English. Musicals and dance pieces are not eligible
11. All plays must have a reading time of 30 minutes or less.
12. All plays are judged blindly by ART staff. The playwright’s name must not be written on the title page or anywhere within the play. Instead, please include a separate page with the title of the play, playwright and contact phone number
13. All scripts must have pagination and be formatted in such a way as to be readable.
14. The play must not have been staged, read through in public or been published before
15. We can only accommodate very basic sound/lighting. No sets or ‘effects’. Our time will be extremely limited in regard to technical rehearsals so writers, please adhere to this.
16. Include a very short synopsis of the play and a brief writer’s bio.
[heading style=””] Prizes and Notification [/heading]
2. Plays will be anonymous.
3. First place prize is being offered by Creative Zap Ltd, a design company based in the North of England. The prize is a fully inclusive website designed to your specification.*
4. The play will be performed in Oxford in July 2013. The writer will be sent two tickets to the play.
5. The play will be filmed and the writer will be sent a DVD of the play.
6. Each writer will receive a one page summary of the comments from the (anonymous) judges.
[heading style=””] Further Details [/heading]
* The Website Prize includes:
- A free .co.uk domain or use your existing domain (annual renewal fee of £6 applies)
- Hosting included for 1 year (annual renewal fee of £37 applies)
- 3 concepts will be provided for you to choose from
- Final concept designed and built.