IT WAS THE SUMMERTIME by Joel Kaye
DAVEY IS SEATED AT A TABLE. ANNA IS SEATED IN ANOTHER AREA
- DAVEY It was the summertime you know and everything was blowing and banging – the windows were open then banging shut
- ANNA There was a strange boy who came to the party
- ANNA What are you doing up here?
DAVEY STANDS AND FACES HER
- DAVEY I was…
- ANNA You’re not really supposed to be up here
MAC ENTERS FROM BEHIND ANNA
- MAC Who the fuck is this? What the fuck are you doin here?
- ANNA It’s all right, Mac
- DAVEY I’m Davey
- MAC Well fuck off Davey. Didn’t you hear what she said? You’re not supposed to be up here!
- ANNA Mac, I’ll handle it
- MAC You should fuck off right now. It’s a private party
- DAVEY I thought it would be a peaceful place but the elements were all against it, you see.
- MAC Come on! Out!
- DAVEY When tears come to my eyes people laugh. With my knife I shredded the curtains.
- MAC You’re fuckin mad!
DAVEY STEPS TOWARDS MAC
- ANNA Stop! Oh no! Oh no!
- DAVEY And smashed a window with my fist.Then I turned to them with all this at my back – banging, banging, banging!